- 4 boneless center cut pork chops
- ½ tablespoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon ground caraway
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon chili flakes
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- ¼ cup roasted red peppers
- ½ tablespoon honey
- 2 cups potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 cups green beans, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- To prepare the Harissa marinade, place all the ingredients in a food processor or blender and mix them.
- In a bowl, massage the marinade into the pork chops. Cover and marinate the pork in the refrigerator for a minimum of one hour and up to 24 hours.
- To make the double boiled mashed potatoes:
- Put potatoes in a saucepan and add water to cover them.
- Bring them to boil. Remove saucepan from stove and pour the water off.
- Add fresh water to cover potatoes. Bring to boil a second time and simmer until potatoes are tender.
- Drain the potatoes and discard the water.
- Season to taste.
- Boil or steam green beans. Toss them in butter and dried thyme.
- In a frying pan, over medium-high heat, fry the pork chops for approximately 4 minutes per side. The internal temperature should read 160°F.
- Serve the pork chops with the double boiled mashed potatoes and green beans.
What is Harissa?
Harissa is a chili paste popular in North African and Middle Eastern cooking. The paste enhances soups and stews and can be used to marinate fish and meat.
It is important you speak with your doctor and care team to determine if this recipe is right for you. You should always follow the dietary and fluid recommendations from your doctor.
Nutritional breakdown per serving: ¼ of recipe
Fat, Total: 20 g | Sodium: 105 mg | Potassium: 658 mg
Phosphorus: 288 mg | Calories: 374 Kcal | Protein: 27 g | Carbohydrates: 23 g