Staying Active This Winter*
Winter Means Colder Temperatures and Less Daylight, but it Shouldn’t Mean an End to Exercise. Try These Outdoor and Indoor Activities to Keep You Fit this Winter.
For many of us, the first hint of winter means a quick retreat indoors to cozy fires and a good book; but winter doesn’t have to mean a three-month hibernation.
Grab a Coat and Head Outside
Try these outdoor winter exercise options to burn some serious calories and be a fun family activity.
Prefer Warmer Weather?
Even if cold weather activities have you reaching for the nearest blanket and hot cocoa, there are plenty of activities you can do indoors to stay active.
- Walk and Shop – Malls are a great way to get out of the house and burn some serious calories walking while staying toasty warm.
- Hit the Gym – Grab a friend and try a new class. Warm up with hot yoga, Zumba, or spin.
- Take the Stairs – Go Vertical! Climbing stairs is a great way to torch some serious calories. Take breaks from the fireplace and walk up and down your stairs a few times every hour.
- Roller-skating – Love skating but hate the cold? Try finding a roller rink for a fun and warm inside activity.
- Bowling – Grab some friends and head to your local town lanes for some fun.